January • February • March • April • May • June
July • August • September • October • November • December
To submit an event being held in northeastern Michigan that is open to the public, please e-mail the information to: email@example.com; mail to Editor c/o Alcona County Review, P.O. Box 548 Harrisville, MI 48740 or Fax to (989) 724-6655. Please submit the information at least two weeks prior to the event and include a telephone number for additional info if needed by editor.
- JANUARY -
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18
- Anyone interest in amateur radio emergency and public service communications is invited to attend the Alcona County Amateur Radio Group meeting at the EMS building located at 2600 East M-72 starting at 6:30 p.m. Free refreshments will be served. Contact Stan Darmofal at (989) 724-5550 or visit www.alconaradio.org for details.
MONDAY, JANUARY 22
- Learn how to recreate real-life objects into a 3D digital model using Tinkercad at the Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library at 6 p.m. Basic computer skills a must. The class is free but registration is required by calling (989) 356-6188 ext. 14. Call (989) 356-6188 ext. 20 for additional details.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 25
- Thunder Bay International Film Festival will showcase some of the most impressive ocean and Great Lakes inspired films from around the world from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Harrisville branch of the Alcona County Library, 312 West Main Street. Admission is $6 per person. Call (989) 724-6797 for details. Sponsored by Friends of Thunder Bay Sanctuary, Inspiration Alcona and the Alcona County Library.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 26
- A soup and pie dinner and a Chinese raffle will be held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at TriPoint Church of god, 500 Brooke Street in Alpena. Enjoy hot, hearty soups, breads and dessert. Cost is $8 for adults, and children ages 10 and under $6.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 28
- Spend an evening with friends and neighbors at Singspiration which is being held at the Harrisville United Methodist Church, 217 North State Street at 6:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
- The Alcona County Baby Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Raphael Church, 2531 East F-30 in Mikado. Formula, diapers, toys, new and gently used shoes and clothing for residents of Alcona County with newborns through age four. Layettes are available in the eighth month.
Cheryl L. Peterson, Publisher & Editor :
John D. Boufford, Production Manager :
Eileen Roe, Circulation Director :